Monday 27 November 2017

Boarding School Or Day School? That Is The Question...





It is so tough for me to think of not being involved in my child's homework. Even when I have had to travel, I would call sometimes to find out how she is doing, but the nice thing is I managed to get her into a routine, which helped and reduced my anxiety. The school run and extra activities keeps me so busy! But I actually enjoy it because I get to spend time with her and watch her progress. It does get tiring I will not lie. Balancing work and the extra-curricular activities makes me think boarding school would be more convenient, but only for that reason. I would want to watch them grow every day.

Some parents prefer boarding school and there is nothing wrong with that. Both boarding and day school have their pros and cons, and what is important when you make your decision is the happiness of your child.

So lets look at the pros of both:
PROS OF DAY SCHOOL
- You are involved in your child's growth at school
- You have a close relationship with your child
- You can determine the activities your child does

PROS OF BOARDING SCHOOL
- You do not have to stress about school run
- Your child matures and becomes more responsible
- Your child will have life-long friendships because of the amount of time the children spend together
- Your work life does not disturb your child's school programme/routine

And now the cons:
CONS OF DAY SCHOOL
- You have to have a flexible job to be able to attend everything
- Some extra activities require you to take the children all over the city for those activities
- You might 'baby' your child by doing everything for them because they are at home

CONS OF BOARDING SCHOOL
- You miss out on your child's growth
- You might not be as close to your child as you would like
- You may be at the school every other weekend to support your child's matches or events

I am sure there are more pros and cons for each. We just discussed a few on the show. We did realise that it also depends on the parent. Patience could handle her child going to boarding school, but I couldn't, and it doesnt mean that any of us loves our child any less based on our choice

Next week we will discuss which age/grade you would send your child to boarding school

Good luck with the decision dear parents

Till Next Monday

Stay Blessed

Tafi

#beingaparent 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Rewarding Our Children For Doing Chores Teach Them Good Values?

'Why should I reward my child for doing what she is supposed to do?' 'They have a roof over their heads, and I feed them, ...